View Single Post

Thread: This comic is barely D&D related anymore

1. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: This comic is barely D&D related anymore

Well I did started reading the comic because it was about D&D, and the jokes were great :

-I GOT A 4!
    -I am failing my Listen checks on purpose.

Then when I realized how massive OOTS really was, as in how many followers The Giant has, I understood the transformation of the comic.
    At first it was a good/decent story about an adventuring party going into a dungeon, you know stereotypical stuff BUT with great jokes.
    Then as the jokes decreased (well not really) the story became deep and interesting when The Giant introduced the Sapphire Guard and all the Crayon stuff and the Snarl.
    Also, Start of Darkness.

So after that, I could understand and accept the trade off of less D&D jokes for an amazing story with amazing characters.
    Seriously, I have many books to read but Tarquin is such a great character, probably one of the best fantasy characters I have ever seen, despite his ''comedy'' nature.

Probably the comic doesn't make me laugh like a maniac like it used to but frankly I like it more now, cause the story is so amazing, and joke or not it is always good to read OOTS.
    Last edited by Zonack; 2012-01-23 at 02:55 AM.