"Yeah. People probably won't take large serpentine pokemon rising out of the water too well with recent events..."
As you two head to the shore, all seems relatively calm. A few tiny krabby scuttle around, wingulls and pelippers can be seen fishing far out at sea, and people are just beginning to show up on the beach with their families and pokemon, scattering about.
Until the unmistakable crest of a gyarados rises above the water. With the recent dragon siting, nearby people begin panicking until Tony walks up into the waves, and Cudgel's head breaks the water, strangely calm for a gyarados.
There you are, Cudgel! Feeling better? You didn't bring back any friends, right? That'd probably go poorly."
"GYASHO!" (Me? No, of course not!)
"Good. Come on, we're helping Kara find a human."
"Gya?" (Good guy or chew toy?)
"Nice guy this time. Tesla is a nice guy, right?"
Just then, a couple more gyaradoses (gyaradai?) rise out of the water. Notably, female gyaradoses/ai/whatever.
"I, ah...I thought you said no friends."
"GYARADOS." (Well, I'm hoping to make friends after
treating them to some of the local fare...)
"See this, right here? This is why I asked you to come with me on this Kara."

As you get further in, the plant pokemon begin to disappear. A hippopotas surfaces near Pyroclast, as a herd of numel led by a camerupt trek across a further desert.
"The further in we go, the more likely there will be pokemon popping up under you-"
Quill pulls him back as he nearly steps in a krokorok's waiting mouth. Some sandiles nip at it's tail for almost wounding the volunteer.
"Kinda like that. They're all wild, so they retain all their instincts from the wild. That includes hunting the unwary."

"Hi, welcome to the Safari Zone, sir! Would you like to visit our Protected Sector, or the Adoption Center today?"