Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
Day 14
Spoiler
Show

Original
Spoiler
Show

For some odd reason I couldn't get outline colours I was happy with today, so I tried a black outline instead. Still couldn't quite seem to get it right (curse you off days!) so there's a few problems with the outline. Couldn't get the hat quite right either. I also think Applejack's eye needs to be visible there, but after a few tries and failing to make it look right I decided to just leave it out.

I hated doing tiny ponies, but that tiny barn was lots of fun. No clue why, I just really liked painting the little thing.

And that's the final submission to EqD's ATG2. We now return you to your regularly scheduled paintings. And maybe a few more cards when I feel like doing them.
I think the issue with the hat is that it seems flat and a bit off from the perspective of the rest of the piece. Thinking of the hat brim as an ellipse, it needs to be a bit narrower, and thinking of the top part as kind of a deformed cylinder, you need to show the body of the cylinder, whereas you've only drawn the top, so it looks squashed.

I also agree the eye should probably peek through, even if it's only the white part. Good work finishing off the ATG though; I just submitted my final piece too! *brohoof*