Eric's Rebirth

"Y-you're a bowl of **** and I don't give a **** about your cosmic truths. Cut to the goddamn chase already."

As cold and biting as his words may've been, the cyborg's execution of them doesn't quite match up. His intent was to sound defiant and unafraid, but he just whimpered and begged his demands instead. Magtok fights the urge to shake in terror, fighting to ignore his unconscious urge to dig himself a hole and hide away in it for the rest of eternity.

After all, this thing...there are rules in places, rules! This thing can't hurt him, it can't really do anything of substance without Magtok's consent, it can't step into what he believes to be reality without the proper alignment of stars and sacrifices. NFB knows those rules, he wouldn't allow Magtok here if he didn't, right?!

Except...except what if NFB is actually lucid and sapient beneath that wall of madness, and resents everything the cyborg has done to him? What if this is revenge? What if this is the end of reality right here and now, and all his fault, all crashing to pieces because of his preposterous hubris? Fudge it, just shake those nightmarish fears aside and try to face this thing with some dignity.

"I'm here because I want another to suffer. Just...just stop with the whatever it is, please."