View Single Post

Thread: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

1. - Top - End - #940
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Oh, very well! I just gotta finalize Sek's colors, and figure out what Iggy looks like...

I'm also trying to come up with a proper mental image of Jon, but so far I'm striking out with specific features...
    I'm thinking swept-back antlers that blend with wavy hair, really tall and well muscled, often shirtless and barefoot, and circular tattoos around his forearms. Definite surfer dude vibe.

Smut is just wrasslin' friendly-like!
    There'll be a period in a few months where I draw an ever more intense series of fights, and then abruptly switch back to chibi production for an unexplained reason.

I really like the kissy-face one - that's double-tough. One exercise I've seen various places is to try drawing the skull/face as a set of rounded-ish planes and surfaces; have you ever tried that? It's supposed to help a lot when it comes time to shade...
    I need to do more kissing. It was a bit tricky but less so then I'd expected.

And I have! I did that exercise a few times way on back. It's very helpful for doing realistic faces, and it's modern application in my drawing is redline boxes on the sketch layer to show where the shading needs to go. It tends to be cost effective with very realistic looking pieces, though, and less so for stylised ones.

Disclaimer: Thanqol does not actually know if this is the correct way to do it.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-30 at 02:53 AM.