1. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Myou View Post
    Rich isn't exactly a charity, and I need money a lot more than he does considering that there's more than a quarter of a million dollars pledged in sales. Besides which, the goal as I understood it was to ensure there were enough people committed to buying to make a print run worthwhile, not to get people to pay extra.
    In that case what I would do is:

A) Wait until the books are back in print and buy them then.

or

B) Figure out how to get the stuff you want at the price you want and get a second Kickstarter account to do so.

But NerfTW is quite right. This isn't a storefront. As I said many pages ago,:

But on one level the whole point of a pledge drive is: Is "X package worth it to me to give Y money to Person/Group Z" (remembering that some people will peldge an amount and expect nothing in return). If so, then it really doesn't matter if there are better options one could make. But if what someone wants is to make the best deal possible, take the steps to get it.

Even if one ignores the peculiarites of USPS shipping costs (which have been discussed to death here and elesewhere), the thing is Rich can't change the amount a pledge point costs even if he wanted to once someone has chosen it.
    So if it isn't worth it to you, don't feel pressured to get it. Just get what you are comfortable with. And if that is some books now and some books later? Well, that's still some money to the drive, inn't?
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-31 at 03:34 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb