Quote Originally Posted by Myou View Post
Rich isn't exactly a charity, and I need money a lot more than he does considering that there's more than a quarter of a million dollars pledged in sales. Besides which, the goal as I understood it was to ensure there were enough people committed to buying to make a print run worthwhile, not to get people to pay extra.

You are totally correct Rich isn't a charity. He also doesn't have money coming out his wazoo to pay to get all the books reprinted. I've looked into trying to get some stuff published, it isn't cheap.

Rich has also given us 9 years (give or take) of enjoyment for free. Yes some of us have paid for books and extra OoTS stuff. I have friends that love OoTS and have never paid a cent though cause Rich puts it on the net for free. So those of us that can (and some that can't) are more than happy to pay Rich back for some of that joy he has given us, so others can also enjoy.

This isn't a store (which has been said before, and apprently just recently too, darn I type slow when I'm tired) where you go in and buy x items for Y amount.

I also am pretty sure Rich was never expecting to see so much be pledged so quickly. I can picture Rich going to kickstarters and putting a goal of $57,000 thinking he may or may not make that in a month to get just enough books printed for those that want them.

Anyways, if you don't feel like you want to or can't pledge money, you don't have to. If you want to buy the books in a store later on, well looks like you'll be able to now.