View Single Post

Thread: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

1. - Top - End - #945
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Day 259: Dragon Month #1

"There is no natural science quite so poorly documented as that of Dragonology.

"This is not a failure of enthusiasm. This science certainly attracts more than it's share of bright-eyed investigators and dedicated treasure hunters, hard men with hard grudges and foolish youths with bright eyes. The bookshelves are thus crammed with poorly written articles by farmhands who once saw a dragon fly overhead and fiction writers who (often rightly) believe that their fabrications will be indistinguishable from fact. Actual scholars capable of understanding the scientific method and discerning fact from fiction are few and far between, particularly due to the exceptionally high mortality rate that accompanies this profession.

"The risks are impossible to avoid entirely. A dragon is, arguably, the ultimate being. Imbued with speed, strength, flight, natural armour and fire breath, gifted with intelligence and powerful natural magic, heirs to vast wealth and eternal life spans. No biological race is as powerful or as storied as that of dragons. Those who would claim that divine entities of various stripes are the superiors of dragons forget that the dragons have gods of their own - and if 'mere' dragons are a poorly documented subjects, the question of if human gods fear draconic gods is one that has perhaps never been asked.

"As the very cover of this book will attest, dragons are dangerous; perhaps more dangerous than anything. I will say honestly that the only reason that I live to tell you this today is a matter of pure luck. Any professional in matters draconic who tells you anything otherwise is lying, and every word he says from then on is suspect.

"The information I have gleaned in my time is incomplete, but perhaps I will be able to separate a little fact from fiction and perhaps help those who would follow in my footsteps to avoid some of the pitfalls I have made."

External Link for 1GB filesize

Time: 1 hour
    Music: Unity
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-31 at 10:50 PM.