Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
Well, Rich would for one. And if he takes his whole "I gave my word" thing seriously, then he still wouldn't do it.

Moreover, there would be a notation in the book that this was a second printing. AFAIK printing companies don't "backdate" print notices (Read: Lie about what print run it is) just because one asks nicely.

ETA:::

At the risk of upsetting people about this, I would like to point out one little detail that is being overlooked slightly.

From what I recall, this book was supposed to only have enough copies to "last through the holiday season". For them to have nearly 2000 copies sitting around gathering dust might indeed show that demand for the product (outside of a hyped up atmosphere like this) wasn't in fact very great.

Which, if one recalls, was one of their initial concerns.

So Rich might very well have business reasons for sticking to his word as well (it ain't free to store these books, limits space for other books, et etc).
Well, I have no clue about what print companies do and don't do - but since it is a limited run I'd expect it wouldn't note 1'st edition on it.