Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
I like that idea. I didn't know how to approach this myth in particular, because it's not really "man vs. machine" anymore. Regardless, I think the idea of an Ironman that falls apart from stress and inspires a rebellion in his memory is cooler. Consider it changed!
Man vs Machine is an old theme that has a lot of precedence in American Folklore and Literature from around the Industrial Revolution. I'm not opposed to Machines myself.

What's the precedent here? I was thinking about a name for the culture (since they're a 'mixed breed'), but this seems like it would almost be more appropriate as a name for the zombies. Basically, I'm just saying that I don't understand what you're pointing at, here.
I thought we were making a name for Pseudo-Voodoo/Hoodoo. Oops! In that case, a name for the Black-French people (was that what they were? I might have missed that post) could be Medeux. I took the beginning of Metis (“mixed-race” according to Google) and added “two” in French. Two races, Mixed. Medeux.

I think I understand what you're saying here. Instead of having domains attached to organizations, you're proposing that domains be attached to ideas, and those ideas could then theoretically be attached to organizations? I think I like that. That way the Champions could be "freelancers," and they might gain the attention of relevant (and antagonistic) organization as they gain in level.
Yeah. Like, the Pseudo-American Red Cross worships Betsy Clay, a nurse during the Pseudo-Civil War, and get the Healing Domain.

Or the Army worships Jefferson Huitzoptek Williamson, who devastated the Pro-Ironmen-Slavery side of that same war, and grants those who follow his footsteps the Destruction Domain.

I like this idea, but I'm not sure how to implement it. It seems like it would be a natural extension of the Mountain Folk ("We came from the earth") and other natives, but I'm not sure what they would think of creatures that still live underground. Super sacred? Really primitive? For that matter, what would the creatures underground actually be like? Intelligent and spiritual? Primal and savage?
Try Primal and Spiritual. They are potent manifestations of the physical and spiritual world, but very animalistic. In the same way, Bison may be sacred to Native Americans in RL (don't quote me), but they still eat them.

On the subjects of monsters/races/creatures, I find that I'm really enjoying everyone's suggestions, but all of them seem like solitary creatures. Is there evidence in American folklore for things like changelings, fairies, or goblins? a creature that isn't known as this single, powerful entity, so much as an entire race that's known to meddle, attack, etc?
Trouble is, in my mind, stuff like fairies, goblins and changelings is a European thing. You could say that there are such things around, but that they aren't native either. Rather, goblins sneaked over on the first ships to this new continent, like rats. Or something like that.