1. - Top - End - #1695
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Krizak View Post
    That's 64k of gold coins. Since recent editions of D&D maintain that 50gp weigh a pound, we're dealing with coins that weigh 0.32oz each, so at the current price for gold, we still have a ways to go before we raise the $35,969,024 necessary for Haley's +8 bracers.

I know we can do it, though!
    And that is still allot better than in 1st edition where 10gc weighed in at a pound of gold. Actually had to figure out an exchange rate for D&D gc to British pounds recently after a cursed scroll* transported my, high level for first, party to London during the turn of the millennium. I'm not the one keeping the party treasury, but it worked out to the party having several million GBP in gold to buy their way out of misunderstandings relating to cultural differences and load up on modern equipment to let them blend in. Ah good times.

*The DM used the scroll result as an excuse to run a modified version of the City behind the Gate, I believe it was called, from Dragon 100.
    Last edited by thepsyker; 2012-02-02 at 10:12 PM.