Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
Man vs Machine is an old theme that has a lot of precedence in American Folklore and Literature from around the Industrial Revolution. I'm not opposed to Machines myself.
Righto. What I meant was the Iron John story wasn't really "Man vs. Machine" anymore, so much as it was "Man-like Machine vs. Fo REAL Machine." It doesn't seem as compelling.

I thought we were making a name for Pseudo-Voodoo/Hoodoo. Oops! In that case, a name for the Black-French people (was that what they were? I might have missed that post) could be Medeux. I took the beginning of Metis (“mixed-race” according to Google) and added “two” in French. Two races, Mixed. Medeux.
I dig it. Short, sweet, to the point.

Yeah. Like, the Pseudo-American Red Cross worships Betsy Clay, a nurse during the Pseudo-Civil War, and get the Healing Domain.

Or the Army worships Jefferson Huitzoptek Williamson, who devastated the Pro-Ironmen-Slavery side of that same war, and grants those who follow his footsteps the Destruction Domain.
Radical. Though I would want to change "worships" to "reveres," just because it seems more American in my mind. We U.S. folks have a tendency to be pretty zealous about our heroes, but I think the official term is still closer to "revere."

Try Primal and Spiritual. They are potent manifestations of the physical and spiritual world, but very animalistic. In the same way, Bison may be sacred to Native Americans in RL (don't quote me), but they still eat them.
Nice! I had this idea for a campaign setting once where every single creature was considered to be a god (like a herd of cattle might be a herd of feast gods), and the PC races of the world just took it as a matter of course that they were supposed to respect (and sometimes fear) all the creatures, but they weren't necessarily supposed to be protected.

Trouble is, in my mind, stuff like fairies, goblins and changelings is a European thing. You could say that there are such things around, but that they aren't native either. Rather, goblins sneaked over on the first ships to this new continent, like rats. Or something like that.
Ha! Those tricksy goblins. I think it would be better to steer clear of those particular races, but if we could find something to fill the role of those races, then that would be awesome. In other words, I don't want "goblins," but I do want a race of tiny, filthy creatures that are widespread, super lightweights, and mischievous and all get-out. It's just a matter of finding suitable American replacements.