Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
Luke, I am A CHAR?
That's silly. Someone else is already a Char.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
Negima news: Wait, what?!

I mean, okay, considering these three chapters will come right after the end of volume 37 they're bound to be extra-long to fill volume 38, but still. So many plot points hanging, even after the events in ch.351.
Well, that will end faster than expected. I know I will miss this manga.
Also, ugh, double-length research break! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
I felt the urge to watch Dragonball again recently.

Spoiler
Show
I can't help but observe that the announcer guy for the Tenkaichi tournament is tremendously unprofessional.

• Oftentimes he has to be prompted by the fighters themselves to start the countdown for a K.O.'ed opponent.
  • When he doesn't, he takes so long to get started on the countdown that an actual ref would've done it three times by then.
  • When said countdowns occur, he lets his countdowns get interrupted, or even just plain stops counting sometimes.
  • Dude, if one of the fighters busts out a knife and starts trying to kill his opponent, don't just say he's disqualified; make some effort to stop the freakin' match.
  • Likewise, if a person in the audience starts firing off a gun indiscriminately, try to have that person removed. Yes, even if she's a supporting character.
  • If a person in the audience starts threatening to kill someone to deter one of the fighters, that is grounds to stop the fight.
  • If a fighter is using the threat of murdering the entire audience as a tactic against the other fighter, then he should be disqualified. For that matter, murdering the audience should be against the rules; the lack of such seems to be an oversight.
  • Y'know what? If it's against the rules for the fighters to kill each other, then you should probably disqualify the guys who openly talk about their intent on murdering the other person in the ring.
  • Likewise, if leaving the arena disqualifies you, then you should probably disqualify the people who take flight; that sort of thing seems totally against the spirit of a martial arts tournament.
  • If the fighters are literally moving so fast that they cannot be seen, then stopping the match is probably warranted; having the fighters then re-enact their bout in slow motion, however, is not.

I dunno; it seems like I've got a lot of gripes for something that's supposed to be a gag anime, but those tournaments are among the parts of the show where it actually makes a half-attempt at taking itself seriously.

Also, there's a point where the announcer states that Goku's average tournament fight time is a little over 30 seconds. I call shenanigans.
Well, considering that the fighters are much more powerful than anyone else around, I'd assume they get to do whatever the hell they want anyway.