Mountainside
Quote Originally Posted by kitcatk8 View Post
(Mountainside -Dragon Cave)

Saer nodded thoughtfully. Both reasonable requests. "I'll answer your second request first, if I may." The demon waited to see if Draaxar would assent before continuing. "She'll live with me, owned by me. She'll learn from me and be a working part of my household. She'll be punished for insubordination, but not irreparably harmed, let alone killed. As for your first request..." The demon shifted his stance to something more comfortable. "I will need time to provide you with what you require. I would ask that you release her to me today with understanding that if I do not provide another apprentice in a given time period, she would be forfeit to me."
Draaxar sighs. It sounds harmless enough. Another teacher. But he still didn't like the demon very much, not after the wrongful treatment of his guest. Of course, he'd accidentally caused Vivilandra's scars... Then bring me a new apprentice within a month, promise by blood spell that no harm shall come to her, and fetch me a new guest. i think my guest is... ill. As for the blood spell, well, that should make things interesting...

Draaxar was looking forward to relinquishing hold of her soul despite his concerns, however. He hated holding them, because he was always painfully aware that if he died, it would mean the death of his apprentice too. In fact, he's aware that this is exactly the sort of problem that that was supposed to avoid!