DM Post

In spite of having rarely seen one another over the past year, the conversation soon slips into that same familiar groove. The silences and lulls that occur from the increased stoicism of Shep and the newfound maturity of Lucan are instead filled with sarcastic whinny-ing from Yuri and even more flamboyance from Zyrr. There was no replacement for the preaching or exasperated sighs that Eltain had always provided, but few wanted to let their thoughts linger on anything related to the Winter Fey. For the moment, the war and all the losses suffered were forgotten.

Still all moments have to end, and eventually Limara clears her throat politely, and takes a seat. "I am sorry to interrupt this reunion, but I'm afraid that our reminiscing here will not end the war any sooner. We're here to figure out how to end the siege of the Fortress of Frozen Tears."

Lighting his ever-present pipe, Lord Ressort gives a harrumph. "No, we're here to figure out what to do. I've keep telling you, there's no point in breaking the siege if we cannot stop the Prince himself. None of the Archfey will confront him face to face after what happened to Tiandra, and if we send our troops in they'll only serve to fill the Fortress with more frozen statues." Lord Ressort puffs his pipe, frustrated that Limara had not listened to his concerns.

Karl shakes his head, "Further attempts to penetrate the Winter Courts will inevitably prove our undoing. We should negotiate with the Prince and arrange a suspension of hostilities before the entire Feywild is enervated and open to an increasingly probable assault from the Fomorians or the Dark Elves!"

The three begin arguing with one another, clearly retreading old ground. Edgren, casually cleaning a glass, watches the whole thing for a moment before speaking up. "Woah, woah woah now....are you people forgetting something?" The two spring fey and gnome turn to look at the bartender. Edgren nods towards Lucan. "That "Fates" thing you were telling me about. If there's something that my boy can do to take care of your problem, shouldn't you be focused a bit more on that?"

Karl scoffs"Oh come now, surely you know better than to put stock into vague crypticisms of an old- Edgren holds up a hand to cut him off. "I know what you're going to say, but just shut up and let me finish." Karl frowns, but stays silent as Edgren continues. "I don't know how trustworthy that prophesy thing is, but I was thinking about what you told me they said, about 'bringing forth strings' and all that. What if it's talking about the Harp of Sharaea?"

History, DC 23
Spoiler
Show
Sharaea was the betrothed of the Prince of Frost while he was still a member of the Summer Court. She left him for a mortal lover, which initiated his transformation from the Sun Prince to the Prince of Frost. According to legend, she had a magical harp whose music had captivated the Prince, and fueled his initial infatuation. After Sharaea's disappearance, the harp had been passed among the Archfey of the summer court, until it was taken by the drow during the ill-fated campaign of the Rose King. It has not been seen since.

Limara purses her lips, "It is a nice thought, but we cannot delay in a search for lost relics, the siege must be lifted!" Lord Ressort shakes his head, "Not until we find a way to cure Tiandra" "Why won't you even consider parlay?" "Look, if my boy is prophesied about I'll be damned again if you think you'll stop him!"

The four stand there arguing with one another, oblivious to anything else going on in the inn.