Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
Oh, I see. Really the Cape would be the best in that puzzle, since the Keys always know each others location.
Oh, in that case, the Cape does rise in importance, if only because getting the Glasses with it is that much easier.

But knowing where the artifact next on the list is (innate to artifacts) and having the ability to get there (Cape, teleport spell, walk) are only two of the factors needed to get it. They are fundamental factors sure, but not all of them.

For one thing, being artifacts, they are likely to be surrounded by all manners of hazards, guardians and assorted nasties. (aren't they all? in D&D land anyway)
Glasses can tell you what they are, and knowing is half the battle. Especially since the Glasses can also tell you their weaknesses. Facing trolls? Well, now you know that they are weak to fire. Oh and that there just so happens to be an alchemist in town who might be available to sell you some alchemist fire...

As for wording the immunity clause, I would suggest that you look up the wording in the spell Time Stop, except applying the immunity clauses to the weilder of the Buckler.
Thats the strongest immunity phrasings I know of. I know of no way to bypass it.