Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaz72 View Post
First of all, dont take that tone with me. (And expect for me to reply in a more gentlemanly manner)
I'm going to share with you a bit of advice. Saying things like this right here is even worse than what you were replying to and shows poorly on you.

Especially since you seem to actually think you have a chance of convincing the thread to change the negative-leaning opinion of yourself that you've managed to generate.

Second of all, it was -one- player who brought this up. You can only take his word for how hurt the other player was, the other player comming the day after and apologizing for his behavior.
If we can't trust his word because he's only one person, then we cannot trust your word as you are only one person.

Third- You only know how I responded on this forum, I had a lengthy chat with him over a private-chat about this and you know what? You can take your experience and shove it up where the sun dont bloody shine because in terms of others games it can just aswell count for naught,
See, that right here? That's just a bad attitude. You're not some special snowflake who is exempt from any and all general good practices.

I do not need to hear about your experiences.
If you're new to DMing, lord knows you don't have any experiences to really draw upon for yourself, so in general, yes, you could stand to benefit from the experience and wisdom of others.

Rejecting the idea out of hand is a bad sign that reflects poorly upon your character and ability to learn to do the job or accept peer feedback.

-Nobody objected OOCly, and majority didnt object ICly-
Oh, yes, cowing the party with a sudden blindsidedly rude thing is a great way to gauge whether something is a good idea. Please, try to come up with something a bit more convincing.

One guy went onto this forum to look for advice
Yeah, the fact that he didn't feel able to just talk to you about it? Bad sign of how approachable you are and how reasonable you seemed about it to begin with.

The fact that he went for help and advice? Not something you should dismiss as lightly as you are doing.

geeks
Right. If you're going to call people geeks for playing the game then you are calling yourself a geek for playing the game. And there's no sense in insulting people for something that you do yourself.

There are different ways to do things and as such, if I do something so differently that you cannot comprehend it, your experience in terms of what im doing, is around little to nothing at all.
If you're doing something that is outside the bounds of good taste in the eyes of a wide variety of people who come from all walks of life and have seen a great variety of games, well, that right there is a consensus.

It is not the message that "I'm different, so of course no one can relate to me" that you seem to be taking away from this.