1. - Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread IX: Errata is Combo-Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    No, it means the Maidens can't interpret it. The Maidens can't see all of it. Sachervel, who can see all of it, is never wrong.
    Sacherevell has never been canonically associated with samsara, even if that's the intention. He most likely never will be linked in canon, to leave options open.

Not to mention, Sachy can't actually see the future. He can only see the present, and nobody can get at that information because, y'know, he's asleep. He locks the universe into predestination if he wakes up, but that's up there with "Neverborn win" for Bad Ends.

They could have chosen to leave it undefined. It is a new edition, after all.
    It, uh, is undefined, even if it is heavily hinted.

Find me a canon statement that says the Scarlet Empress is in Hell in 2nd Edition, not just an implication. Hint: You can't do it.

However, if you write a new type of Exalt into the setting, there are massive ramifications for the setting. There is history that needs rewritten, setting assumptions to question, cross-Exalt interactions to deal with. If there isn't, we have the Lunar problems all over again.
    I am almost positive that the implication given is that the Chernozem are a new thing, and even if they weren't, I would like to actually have more than a couple of sentences and two pieces of art to go on.

So the blog where I read the Dawn Solution didn't exist?
    I know you've been around long enough to fully know the difference between ETP and the Monkeys.

There is a meta-plot. It just doesn't move forward. It is frozen at the point of "The Scarlet Empress has been gone for five years". It has relics littered throughout the game line, if you are looking for them. They are generally easy to ignore, but they exist.
    That's, uh, not metaplot, then. That's setting history, unless you want to make the ridiculous claim that every single part of Exalted's backstory is metaplot.

Metaplot would be going "the Scarlet Empress coming back and being an Infernal agent is canon, deal with it, sucker". Dreams of the First Age inventing a new civilization for the West in that period of time is an expansion of the backstory.

You seem to be focusing on the idea that my players don't have to care what Samsara says. I'm focusing on the setting implications of superfate.

As far as the setting goes, it has gone from non-deterministic to deterministic. It has gone from a place where any heroic mortal can tell fate "screw you" to a place where the whole universe is following a script. Samsara deprotagonizes the entire setting.
    Samsara is the shinmaic quantum foam of the universe. Mars can take a look into samsara, shake the magic 8-ball, and because she has access to a ****load of variables, she can pull a LaPlace's demon in regards to her purview. Nothing is predestined. The explicit statement that samsara can be wrong, even if it never has been, should tell you that.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-02-13 at 10:19 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.