Quote Originally Posted by VinRaven View Post
Being quite nice people doesn't keep them from being racist, choosing to assign goblins and orcs to races of XP-fodder is generally a glaring tell.

As has been said, experience influences prejudice, acting on unexamined prejudice is racism.and it disgusts me that so many people think it's acceptable to label creatures with only cosmetic differences from us as inherently Evil
With all the due respect: I am sorry, but I take offense when people calls me (or implies I am) a racist.
The Giant pissed me off with his assumption, and you did just the same.

Racism is a serious problem and should be kept well out of trivial conversations.

Also (as this seems to be the most quoted part of the Giant's post):

Quote Originally Posted by TheGiant
[...]...and it disgusts me that so many people think it's acceptable to label creatures with only cosmetic differences from us as inherently Evil
What disgusts me is that TheGiant seems to imply that me finding acceptable to label imaginary creations like Orcs or Goblins inherently Evil makes me the kind of person that could ever even think of doing the same to blacks, or asians, or whatever. Real, actual people.

Sometimes, we just roleplay because it's fun and it's a game. Sometimes we want drama and deep thougt. Sometimes we just accept conventions because the existence of MonstersTM makes it easier to be a HeroTM, and just handwave the slaughter by saying "they were all bad guys anyway".