Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
You know, something just hit me, we have this big moral discussions about the treatment of the fodder races, but in Dungeon Crawling Fools, one of the points of Zz'dtri was to poke fun at players who made rebellious spirit characters of what are supposed to be antagonist races. Given that Redcloak's beef is all about him being peeved at the treatment of such races, if I'm curious as to whether or not Redcloak's characterization is The Giant himself moving away from such attitudes.

Perhaps Order of the Stick becomes the Drizzt novels for goblins, inspiration for players to play goblins who refuse to conform to the goblin stereotypes and in turn become a cliche.
I doubt it. The comedy with the Drizzt type characters is that there are too many of them. In the lore most Drow are pretty terrible people, which has been explained as arising from their upbringing and religious beliefs tracing back to when they split off from the surface elves. Drizzt proves that not all Drow are bad (strongly supporting the Giant's points in this thread), but it gets a bit ridiculous when the majority of Drow cast themselves as "the good-aligned outcast rebelling against my terrible culture." If the majority of them are good, one starts to wonder what they're rebelling against.