Quote Originally Posted by Baelzar View Post
No, no, no. Kobolds are short, reptilian humanoids with cowardly and sadistic tendencies. Kobolds usually consume plants or animals but are not averse to eating intelligent beings. Kobolds hate almost every other sort of humanoid or fey, especially gnomes and sprites.

I assume that every other humanoid must've done something to one of their villages, or something.
And that's why they shouldn't be like that. Precisely because they have no reason to be hostile, and last time I checked, people were not attacking on sight everything that doesn't look like them. And if they do, they're horrible people I don't want to know.

Everything has to have a reason. Things your characters are fighting are not attacking them "because", but because they have something they want, somebody looking like them killed their family, or because of a thousand other motivations.

I don't know what you were trying to prove with the point about "lazy human morality". It IS more lazy to have enemies attack you because they're enemies, no questions asked. It actually takes thinking to make up a motivation for your enemies. It doesn't take thinking to have them attack because they're not them. So yeah, human morality is less lazy.

That's all discounting the fact that, as I noticed earlier, inborn evil and sapience can't exist in the same being. Sapience implies free will and choice of morality, inborn evil forbids the same thing, thus a race of creatures can't be sapient and evil at the same time.