While I've got time, I'm going to undertake the massive job of classifying all of the classes in Gnorman's E6 Compendium.

Key:
Green is Gravy. This is a class I'm approving for PCs. They would make fine NPCs too.
Blue is a Bossibility. This is a class that would make for a good NPC, but should be taken with a big grain of salt for PCs.
Red is Rawful. For one reason or another, it just doesn't work.

Combat Classes
Spoiler
Show
Brawler: The Classic Unarmed Combatant. It doesn't really fit the German Folklore side of things, but it does really fit the wuxia side of things. Overall, it's fine for a PC to be a Brawler, but it really ought to be rare.
  • Breathstealer: Sure.
  • Bruiser: A Dhalsim hand? Sorry, but no. Too wacky.
  • Cenobite: Everything but the teleportation is fine with me.
  • Martial Artist: Mmm, bread and butter. I like Martial Initiators a lot, and this is pretty typical Wuxia fair.
  • Ravager: I can picture characters that make use of this, but I feel it would make a much better Troll than anything.

Gladiator: The Classic Melee Striker. A-OK in my book. Kind of a weird name for the class as a whole, but no biggie.
  • Brute: Eh. Raging doesn't really mesh with the setting, but whatever. Would be more appropriate as a bandit than anything.
  • Kensei: Mmmmm, flavor. Initiator and a Fearless Knight? Sound like Prince Charming material.
  • Master-At-Arms: He is better than you at hitting things. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Pit Fighter: There's no place for the "pit fighter" flavor of this class, but mechanically he's just fine.
  • Vindicator: This guy would make a fine Spearwood Brother. Would also make a decent Sentinel. Would also make a decent Hunter.

The Hunter: The Classic Ranged Striker. Right on par.
  • Beastmaster: What a cool Hunter you would make.
  • Deadeye: What a cool Hunter you would make.
  • Peltast: What a cool Spearwood Brother you would make!
  • Sniper: What a cool Hunter you would make.
  • Stalker: What a cool Hunter you would make.

The Sentinel: The Classic Melee Tank. Right on. A lot of these would suit a person from Koss very well.
  • Bastion: "Big Awesome Armored Guy" is pretty much the stereotypical view of Kossians in the Blackwood.
  • Gallant: Lots of potential for heroic self-sacrifices here. Bonus: you can survive them!
  • Juggernaut: I love the idea of pushing people around, I just think it would work better for a Troll than a human. Use sparingly.
  • Landsknecht: What a cool rendition of the Brick Wall. Bonus: It has a German name! Would make a good Spearwood Brother.
  • Praetorian: As a soldier that works best with a unit, this is a good Kossian. Would also make a fine Sentinel.

The Zealot: The Classic Melee Buffer. Just dandy.
  • Avenger: An Initiator, and one tough mutha.
  • Cavalier: There really isn't space for combat on horseback in the Blackwood. Too many trees. Use sparingly.
  • Initiate: Not my favorite take on the "holy warrior." I'd prefer them to be able to turn at the cost of melee power, or vice versa. Ultimately not a big deal, but use sparingly.
  • Reaver: Nothing wrong with this class, but would make a much better villain, whether it's a bandit, an evil baron, or a Troll.
  • Templar: The Magekiller. This is much more in line with what I consider to be a "devout warrior."

Skilled Classes
Spoiler
Show
The Engineer: The Alchemical/Mechanical Caster is a cool role, but is exactly wrong for this setting. The Sawbones archetype comes close, but still no.
The Noble: The Charismatic Moneybags--often behind the scenes--is exactly who needs to be amongst the Riverfolk. Booyah.
  • Dilettante: A dedicated generalist. I wouldn't want to play it, but I think it's fine.
  • Duelist: I picture a lot of the well-to-do in the larger cities (and almost ALL of the well-to-do from Cerai) to be Duelists.
  • Patrician: The Forceful Diplomat is a very interesting character option. It reminds me of Tyrion from ASoIaF.
  • Tyrant: Obviously, this guy would make a great villain whether he's a bandit king or a corrupt politician with a retinue of guards. Except in rare circumstances, minions and henchmen should be humans.
  • Warchief: I'm glad to see the "Charismatic Combat Buffer" as a meager combatant. Lots of interesting potential here.

The Poet: The Artistic Buffer, with an interesting healer twist. I like it!
  • Banshee: I like this archetype a lot--especially when I think about those sonic attacks coming from instruments--and it's right on the edge of the kind of magic I think is appropriate in this setting.
  • Bravado: Ah, the two-handed, mobile warrior. Nothing wrong here.
  • Doomsinger: This is very cool. I picture the twin instrumentalists from Kung Fu Hustle. That last ability is really skirting the edge, but I'll allow it.
  • Skald: Maybe a little wild for my taste, but I like it. Would make a good brigand, backwoods dude, or pagan.
  • Trickster: Not a lot in the way of flavor here. As far as I'm concerned, that puts more fun in the hands of the player!

The Sage: The Knowledgeable Buffer. Generally very cool; specifically very sketchy.
  • Caller: I haven't read much about vestiges, but it seems very close to the way I imagine divine magic working in my campaign.
  • Didact: Long story short, I need to read more about the mechanics behind this. Flavor-wise, it doesn't fit. Truenaming might be a thing in this setting, but it's not that powerful.
  • Occultist: Again, not crazy about this one. A little too high-magic. Could work in certain circumstances, but probably not.
  • Polyglot: Eh. It's a little too "evocationy" for my taste. The second ability is cool, though. Better as a villain than a PC.
  • Tactician: Super sweet. THIS is the kind of mechanic that I think should represent a bookworm that knows the weaknesses of all the magical beasts.

The Scoundrel: The Roguelike. Welcome to Freeport, Herr Schmidt.
  • Cutthroat: Another Initiator, and an assassin. Ninja?
  • Phantom: A sneaky devil whose magic is very cleverly represented. I'm totally down.
  • Silencer: As assassiny as this looks, I actually think it would make a better witch. Your call.
  • Thief-Acrobat: This is the rogue who's so nimble as to be almost supernatural. Right on par with wuxia.
  • Umbral Scion: This really skirts a line. I need to do more reading on shadow magic to decide how I feel. Could be awesome; could be just on the wrong side of things.

Magic Classes:
Spoiler
Show
Black Mage: The Dark Magic User. I wasn't expecting to like this, but it's not half bad for the setting. Most all of these would obviously be better as villains than good guys.
  • Demonologist: Really cool stuff. That first ability would have to be reworked in light of the Ritual Magic I'm planning on implementing, but it could still halve the casting time or something.
  • Hexer: Debilitators are fine in my book!
  • Necromancer: Definitely better as an NPC villain than a PC. Use sparingly.
  • Pestilent: I love the disease-spreading stuff. I don't like the rest. Use sparingly.
  • Zoid Cultist: In the proto-setting? Oh yes. In this one? Nah.

Blue Mage: The Bufferish/Seer Type. This guy is among the most appropriate from the magic classes.
  • Chronomancer: On the one hand, he could wreak exactly the kind of havoc that Elves are known for. On the other hand, I don't picture "time magic" as part of this setting. Use sparingly.
  • Hyperborean: The magic is a little too "visible" for my tastes. I also don't think the "cold" theme really fits, but it's your call. Use sparingly.
  • Mountebank: A charmer? okay!
  • Wayfarer: I'd like to reflavor the teleporting as Wuxia flying, but other than that it's just fine.
  • Weaver: An illusionist? Okay!

Green Mage: The Druidlike. As appropriate as it is for the setting, this is really the realm of the NPCs, not the PCs.
  • Chloromancer: Fine and dandy for an Elf or Half Elf. Use sparingly otherwise.
  • Elementalist: My one concession. The air stuff screams Wuxia, though I'm not into the elemental companion at all. Most likely found amongst the Spearwood Brotherhood.
  • Ophidian: Ugh, it's just fine... then you get to the dinosaur thing. Use sparingly, and discourage dinosaurs altogether.
  • Subterranean: Would be fine for a Kobold, but those aren't PCs. Use sparingly, if at all.
  • Wildling: Lycanthropes are more than welcome to use this. Otherwise it's just not the right fit.

Red Mage: The Gish. Very, very unlikely stuff here.
  • Chaos Child: I could see this being some crazy Elf, but in no other situation would I approve this.
  • Crimson Disciple: I've alluded to dragons once thus far, and I haven't decided if they really exist. Sorry, but no.
  • Magesmith: I like the magical smith thing a lot. I'm sure there's one of these guys somewhere in the Blackwood, but probably just the one.
  • Pyromancer: No fire dudes. Way too visible, and we don't have Smoky the Bear anyways.
  • Sand Shaper: This ain't no desert!

White Mage: The Healer. THIS is the way the devout warrior should be handled.
  • Champion: Like I said, this is who the devout warrior should be.
  • Exorcist: I like it a lot. I've been toying around with how/if to include outsiders.
  • Healer: I think how much I like this guy depends on the individual player. Toning down the "activity" of the magic is key.
  • Mystic: It's hard to be an angel in training when there are probably not any actual angels.
  • Oracle: Oh my goodness yes.

Psionic Classes
Spoiler
Show
I will say right now that I'm really torn about these. I don't think they're appropriate at all, but a lot of people associate them with Wuxia type stuff. In this case, Blue means more "I'm on the fence," than "I'm okay with this...but just for NPCs." One thing is for certain: no crystals. Look forward to reskinning that stuff.
The Aspirant: The Psychic Warrior.
  • Animus: Magic is too visible.
  • Atavist: Would make a nice template for a Troll.
  • Pugilist: This might be the more appropriate of all the unarmed warrior archetypes.
  • Tempest: Mobile warrior with fancy moves. That's all right.
  • Warden: The magic is too visible.

The Empath: The Mind-er. This could be a cool zen-type character, except for the telepathy thing. All the cherry blossoms are perfect, blah blah.
  • Abhorrent: Subtle magic, fear-based effects. This guy could make a very good pagan or cultist or something.
  • Mentalist: Another charmer? OK!
  • Precognitive: Another seer? I'm into it.
  • Superegoist: A... mind...melder? All right.
  • Walker: Hmm... a dreamwalker? I'd like the idea better if they walked through the Land of the Dead or something, but they can do that through their dreams easy enough. DMs: it's in your hands.

The Esoteric: The Psionic Cleric. I think I'm okay with most of what's going on here.
  • Anchorite: Healer-type. I dig it.
  • Apostate: I'd like it better if the magic were more subtle. Reskinning might fix this.
  • Demiurge: An interesting class. I don't like the ectoplasmic stuff, but that's what reskinning is for.
  • Sympathetic: Another interesting option. Might make for a nice Aikido-type warrior.
  • Transcendant: Kind of a psychic tank? I'm okay with that.

The Kinetic: The Mind Do-er. Not a lot here.
  • Architect: I don't like constructs in this setting.
  • Energetic: Magic is WAY too visible.
  • Gravitic: Magic is still too visible.
  • Telephasm: The magic might not be too "visible," but it's not appropriate for the setting.
  • Transmigrant: I'm okay with this except for the teleportation thing. Needs to be reskinned.

The Subliminal: The Mind Sneak. I don't have much of a problem with this one.
  • Deadmind: Flavor-wise, there is no room for telepathy in this world. Mechanically, I could see it.
  • Operative: That crowning ability to starting to get very Elf-like. Otherwise, a very nice archetype.
  • Razor: I don't know what a "metaphysical weapon" is, but this is tentatively okay. If it's like a Soul Blade or whatever, then no.
  • Trueshot: I don't like the visibility of the magic, and it would be easier to play a hunter than to reskin it.
  • Untouchable: Fairy tales and folklore both seem to be full of lucky rogues.

As you can tell, this is not necessarily a low-magic setting. I'd like to think of it more as an "invisible magic" setting.