Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
I don't have anything like that in the setting right now, but it's a cool possibility. Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, you're not precluding the possibility of other witches? In other words, it's okay if every village has a witch (they won't all have their own witch, but for the sake of argument), but there are still a handful of tales that tell of these really powerful witches. The stories all point to different places, but all of those places are inhabited simultaneously by just one witch? One that is free to ignore the laws of physics?
I may be missing something, but why bother to codify it for now?
Is there some inherent benefit to drawing limitations on your creation at this stage or would it make more sense to simply let this feature evolve naturally?

Basically, why declare it and take the mystery away when you have the opportunity to make it something akin to the flood legend?

Simply state that there are legends and tales of a powerful, iconic witch spoken in hushed tones in every town in every culture. Though the tales are all similar, whether they all speak of a single entity or not is never quite clear. At times the old Crone is beneficial, at others she is vengeful and malicious. But all hearth-stories agree that she is a powerful being whose knowledge of magic far exceeds even that of the fey.

Something like that.