Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
I would leave Intelligence as the only stat that grants you bonus spells. The spell may tax your body as well as your mind, but preparing the spell is still a matter of pure intellect and concentration. (It's also both simpler than the alternative, and won't increase the power at all by granting more spells/day).
Yeah, alright. That makes sense.

To cast a spell from a given school, you must have an Intelligence of 10+spell level, as usual, and the school's ability at 10+spell level. Saving throws are based purely on the school's ability. That way, MAD is introduced, the wizard is forced to spend money and effort increasing multiple ability scores, and his power goes down slightly.
I'm not too sure about this, especially when the school's associated ability IS intelligence. What would you, or anyone, suggest to do about that?

On the school:ability associations themselves, I find myself a bit dubious about necromancy and strength. Constitution seems far more fitting, both for the "withstanding powerful energies" and "vital life force" bits. If you're worried about one ability governing too many schools, perhaps make transmutation Intelligence? After all, If you're going to mess with the physical structures of matter, you'd better know what those structures are first. [I wouldn't count Conjuration towards anything, as it's broken up into so many little pieces]
So, break up conjuration into all the different sub schools, each with it's own associated stat?