Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
Spoiler
Show
Is this the same Rynthel (years later, of course) that you play in Tomb of Horrors? If so, might his psionic powers have helped him note something during the kidnapping other parents would have missed?
OOC:
Spoiler
Show

It's actually mostly a case of 'All these names are starting to sound alike and I'm going crazy making them up, time to reuse some old names' and then forgetting that oh yeah, one of the players is in the game Rynthel's in'. XD

Rynthel looks up at Baruk, his eyes haunted.

"It happened so fast..." He sighs. "Veldrin and I were playing in the gardens, practicing swordfighting. He's good at it, much better than I am. I'm so proud of him..." He trails off for a second, tears streaming down his face as he shakes, staring blankly at his clasped hands. The man's despair hangs about him in the air, an almost tangible thing. "He'd disarmed me, and I went to retrieve my weapon. Then suddenly I felt a feeling of shock from him, and turned around, but it was already too late. Someone had him, then disappeared with him, and then I couldn't feel him at all..." He trails off again. "I didn't even see what they looked like. It happened so fast..." The man droops momentarily before suddenly springing up, grabbing the front of your outfit. "You have to find him. For the love of the gods, find my son. Please." He collapses onto the bench again, weeping. Kerazt quickly runs over to comfort him, pulling him close and stroking his hair comfortingly while looking back at you. Even behind his mask you can tell Kerazt is nearly as upset about things as his brother is.

"You can see why I'm willing to help strangers so readily. The more people trying to do something about this, the better."