Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
Hey, I have a question. I'm trying to work through the Battle Institute in Black, and I've met with... mixed results (apparently I'm in both novice and hyper rank...). Anyways, I was wondering if I could get any help with movesets/which three pokemon I should try to use to get through it with the highest score. Here's my current team-

Spoiler
Show

Klinklang@Leftovers
Shift Gear
Volt Switch
Gear Grind
Return

Carracosta@Rocky Helmet
Smack Down
Bulldoze
Waterfall
Focus Blast

Mandibuzz@BlackGlasses
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Air Slash
Fly

Rapidash@Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Wild Charge
Solar Beam
Flare Blitz

Snorlax@Leftovers
Body Slam
Earthquake
Crunch
Giga Impact

Serperior@Miracle Seed
Dragon Tail
Return
Coil
Leaf Blade

Thus far I've been opening with Klinklang and just volt-switching based on what my opponent has, but it's been a bit iffy. Any help would be appreciated.
I notice you don't have natures or EVs listed.

Postgame challenges along the lines of the institute are difficult, and even moreso if you don't optimize your Pokemon's stats. You'll have a very hard time even with a fantastic lineup of species and movepools if your Pokemon aren't specifically trained in a way that would influence their stats perfectly.

The first post in this thread has a few of the many online references for understanding effort values (point buys), inherited values (rolled stats), and natures (a bit of both). I personally suggest starting with one at a time, seeing as all the details of training and breeding are a lot to take in in one sitting. Whether you decide to pursue the dark path of PokeMinmaxing or not, I wish you the best of luck! :)