View Single Post

Thread: Questions about 1st Edition AD&D

1. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Questions about 1st Edition AD&D

Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post
    It might be fun to try "core" 1st ed (for me that is: phb, dmg, mm, mmII, ff) and see where it goes.
    Manual of the Planes might also qualify, and I remember the rules were pretty freaky at times... The alternative Prime Material Plane thing sounded neat, as did the Magical, Physical, and Time Factors of each plane. Though, if I got put on a plane with a Magical Factor that sucked and I was like, I don't know, a spellcaster, I'd probably hyperventilate IRL. Sounds bad, man.
    Unearthed Arcana might also qualify, there were a lot more "neat" spells thrown in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    That's also when Witcher 2 gets released for Xbox. And my birthday! Great birthday this year. :smallbiggrin:
    Six days after mine. O happy year this will be! :D!

And yeah, the demi-human level cap was pretty much fluff made into a game mechanic. I do kind of like how one race having a low cap in one class sort of reflected on their race's (or I think gender, in the case of drow) tendencies towards that class...at least to me.

Books, I miss you. I wish I'd put that extra pair of clothing in storage and not you. ;___;
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2012-02-27 at 01:47 PM.
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni