Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
*Hugs*

I've always wondered why people tell kids that sort of thing... It's like they're saying that there's nothing good about being female (and, for that matter, that there's nothing bad about being male). :/

Well, I don't think they *meant* to imply that, but if I really had been trans, that would have screwed me up real good.

Spoiler
Show
I had some really weird problems during puberty (mostly sharp pains), but I didn't tell anyone because they were convinced that I was a hypochondriac. The few people I did tell compared it to what girls go through and implied that it couldn't have been as bad as I thought (in retrospect; WHAT THE **** did that have to do with anything!?).

More recently, my parents started taking me to a urologist for (almost certainly) unrelated reasons, but I'm never able to ask what the hell was going on because they won't let me go back alone for some reason.
Spoiler
Show
That sounds awful! You mean you were never allowed to go to the urologist alone?

Well, House does care... About whether his patients live or die. Their well-being doesn't seem to rate very high in his priorities, though. :/

I also have a suspicion that he's compulsively obsessed with biopsies.
Heh.

Good points.

Wait, even that's an issue?

...What.
It's not that they want to be able to be pregnant, that was a failed attempt at snark from my side. (With the risk of sounding misandrist, I do think that men risk to be seen as "unneeded" as soon as human cloning is perfected. Even though cloning is worse than inbreeding as far as genetic diversity goes, but hey, maybe science will solve that issue too... )

It's more that they (Men's Rights Activists/Champions/Pundits) note that single women may get to be legally able to bear and give birth to children without having a male partner (here in Sweden), and they respond with either 1) fathers are *always* needed in families, or 2) single men should be able to get (biologically related) children without having a female partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
To be honest, guys, I don't know what's meant to be so terrible there. He said "I wish I was a girl so I didn't have this problem", and they said "well actually, girls have that sort of problem even more." How is that even close to saying "being a girl or wanting to be a girl (is) terrible" or "there's nothing good about being female"?
Sure, I know that was their intention. I'm also pretty sure my mother felt it was needed to make me secure in my male gender role, since my father was often working abroad when I was a kid. I guess I should ask my mother some time how she would have reacted if I *was* a girl (in a boy body).

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
Speaking for myself, I'm a huge fan of the female form.