View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

1. - Top - End - #325
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

PairO'Dice Lost: Honestly, I'd find it awkward if I found out that a pair of brothers who were both straight were able to discuss women and relationships with them without some level of awkwardness. And beyond discussing his relationship with you, what is there really to discuss between brothers about being gay?

Viz: Unisex bathrooms: The people who already have nervous bladders generally get worse around the opposite sex from everything I've heard on the subject, although, admittedly, it's not a commonly discussed subject. And most of the discussion pertains to couples in heteronormative relationships.

One thing that strikes me though is that urinals seem like enough of a sticking point that one sex would be getting disadvantaged, as just combining the number of stalls and urinals would have the same net effect and bathrooms are clustered together anyway, so there'd be only marginal savings on plumbing, and having relatively more toilets to avoid disadvantaging women would necessitate something like trough style urinals to compensate which are just demeaning.

Skeppio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Oh. Doubtful. I mean, I don't even agree. For her to react like that when I asked her out, there had to be a reason. And I'm comfortably certain it's not "because she's a [Redacted]". :/

...I just wish I had a chance. But I'm reasonably sure the same thing will just happen like it did last time.

I should probably take this to the RWA thread, shouldn't I?
    Probably. Though if you're that it's not because she's crazy and all of her friends are crazy, then you must then believe you actively did something wrong. Also, you're possibly putting too much emphasis on the [redacted], as that was just my simplifying the expression into the most vulgar form of the vernacular that I could think of in order to have a more dramatic effect while restating the idea with flair. Although I must admit, in retrospect, it could be both that and crazy in more or less equal measure, but malice isn't always necessary when stupidity or crazy or ignorance will suffice.

I kinda did, since before then she was the first person I'd met who I could actually be a decent match for. Pity how that turned out.
    Obviously not much of a match if that's how it turned out though. I imagine you're of a much higher moral caliber than someone who would actively slander someone else to the point of encouraging her entire circle of friends to go out of their way to harass someone.

If you simply must take it that way, I guess I can't do much to stop you. *shrug*
    *shrug* I offered you an out. Admittedly, not an especially large and well-paved one because I'm a bit tired and am still confused as to your possible motives and angle here, even after we've delved this far into this series of events. Since it seems you'd be more likely to stress caution as to how you build up to the event and how you say what you've got to get off your chest if you believed that you said or did something wrong and brought down a pile of crazy on your head as a result. Rather than cautioning against making a reveal at all and implicitly advising that it's better to fester than risk alienation.

The risk of alienation bears consideration to be sure, especially with regards to romantic aspirations that are most pertinent to this thread, but that would suggest that you'd open with a tactic stressing the importance o ensuring safety and receptivity before even letting one's body language hint anything, or even advice on how to go about gauging such a thing.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-03-01 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide