Quote Originally Posted by Tehnar View Post
You said you can't keep pushing if you lose your forward pylon; Imagine all your gates were on a single pylon, that pylon was destroyed and fresh units could come in at 90s (building build time + unit production time) at the soonest.

And at the same time you are fighting a battle. Remember this is zerg, we can't really sit in a base and defend from there. Tech switching is very difficult (read ineffective) due to lack of upgrades for your new units.
Losing all those gates at once is more like losing a hatch than anything: I really can't build anything anymore until replaced. Which is why nobody in their right mind builds one pylon for their buildings if possible. And either way, it's not really a perfect comparison. And that's -all- tangential to the point I was really getting to, which was the "zerg hidden tech".

Oh yea, and zerg tech swapping is vastly easier than it is for any other race, as silverraptor points out. If you tech swap to let's say corruptor, to make it take a nice long time, you have to drop the spire, and then poop out 7 corruptors (if you're one-basing.) If I need to tech swap to voids, I have to drop two or three stargates, and make one at a time from each. It takes a whoooooole lot longer. If I'm swapping to stalker vs your roach, you "need" speed (read: it makes the unit a hell of a lot better but without it the unit is still viable) to my "needing" blink (see: the same thing I just said). For terran? It's arguably even worse, as they need more upgrades in general, have to get addons if they don't have them anyway (not a huge issue for most builds admittedly), and they don't have -any- "suddenly I have an army" mechanic that the other races have (protoss with warpgate, zerg with just being zerg.)