1. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: What time is it? (Adventure Time Season 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Fin has some issues about the chaotic end of the spectrum: See City of Thieves for your best example. However, while he might act all good and kind-ish, noting he realy does strikes as "lawful". Probably a NG with Chaotic tendencies that will fade with age as he gets more mature, where he would be unlikely to go smash some sparkles and such. Class is hard-ish. No real magical power, and even the varing magical items around the place tend to be self-aware or actively evil. I would go with a solid Fighter with some nifty feat tomfoolery.

Alternitivly. the world works on 1'st edition rules and he, as the only human, is the only one who can advance to certent levels of power.

PB is a Expert, any Rainicorn is a magical creature, and Jake is playing some weird templated (Strechy) humaniod dog.
    I could see fighter, too; maybe he uses power attack a LOT. Maybe leap attack, too. Thing is, in my head, the little guy's got some serious levels. He's gone toe-to-toe with
    Spoiler
    Show
    1000 year old vampires, said vampires Eldritch Abomination dad, the Lub-Glubs, the Lich King... even the Ice King is pretty powerful, despite his crippling handicaps.

Assuming, for a second, that that's true and the dude's got two-digit levels on him, does he really show off the range of feats a fighter of that level would have? I suggested Paladin of Freedom because he sometimes lays down some vicious smacks that could be Smite Evil, but he definitely isn't lawful enough to be a vanilla Paladin. Also,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Fight King episode illustrated the little dude's got a pretty awesome will save!
    But alternately, I can't help but thinking off the look on his face sometimes. Guy's definitely got some valid anger issues- could it be barbarian rage? My initial thought was he's probably about level 17 for the barbarian Tireless Rage feature. The only time I remember him being seriously tired after flipping out and winning was versus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marceline's Dad.

Your 1st edition theory carries some water, too, for sure! Maybe 'the Human' isn't just a title. :P

I think there's a 3.5 template for gelatinous creatures; that could fit Jake, I guess, but I'm pretty attached to my idea that Jake is some dude's totally awesome wizard character, transplanted to play with Finn and trying not to wreck the fun for him.

EDIT: The Trap Sense ability fits Finn pretty well, too, actually; after all, HE'S IN HIS ELEMENT!!!!!!
    Last edited by Otomodachi; 2012-03-02 at 02:14 AM.