Moroe hesitated. Now that she actually had a chance to think about it, the cover 'story' she'd thought up for 2796 (in all of five seconds) seemed rather pathetic. Even though there'd been a lot of distractions demanding her attention at the time, she really should have come up with something more believable than 'He's my cousin'.

"Ah, forget it."

"This used to be Fuschichou Souji; Yes, that one. It turns out that he was actually a distorted clone of the city's strongest Level 5. Long story short, he's been mindwiped back to factory settings by someone with a really twisted sense of humour, and given to me as a gift. So thanks to that I now have a completely clueless clone (who seems to want nothing more than to make me happy) following me around and calling me 'master'."

Realising how heartless that sounded, Moroe shot an apologetic look back to 2796.

"No offence. I know you're the real victim in all this."

She then turned her attention back to Shougo.

"Hopefully I'll be able to break his conditioning and teach him how to be a free man; Until then, it looks like our little partnership now has a third member."

There: A simple, concise explanation of the situation. Now that that was settled, they could move on to planning their strategy.