1. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Who Wotches the Wotchmen?: A Webcomic Let's Read of The Wotch

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    It has it's own spinoff, "Cheer", which is either worse or better depending on how you look at it.
    Far, far worse. The Wotch isn't particularly coherent, Cheer is absolutely incoherent.

One of the major redeeming graces of the Wotch is that it actually takes half a second to consider the implications and subverts Mandy's Law a few times (not enough, but it actually considers the implications). Cheer! doesn't do that. Ever Despite the title characters giving them ample potential material being 4 former athletes transmogrified not just into women, but into cheerleaders (physical and mental transformation there, talk about your fridge horror).

If it wasn't for the Wotch's extremely unsubtle and highly persistent notion that everyone wants to be female, I'd be a good deal more comfortable with the comic. Half the time, someone turned female not only suffers no penalties for doing so, but actually doesn't care enough to try to turn back. Example here, the characters that split off into Cheer!, I could understand THEM not caring, they've been essentially hypnotized after all, but everyone who actually notices just treats it like it's no big deal, they're better off that way. I have a problem with that.
    Last edited by Imgran; 2012-03-03 at 08:01 AM.