1. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: Who Wotches the Wotchmen?: A Webcomic Let's Read of The Wotch

Quote Originally Posted by Imgran View Post
    Anne is not particularly smart. She's headstrong, she isn't genre savvy, her sense of humor strays into the realm of practical jokes which she doesn't think twice about using her magic to bring about, and she uses her power on a whim, often without thinking through the consequences.
    This. To paraphrase the author of Zebra Girl, I love ditzes with cosmic powers. For all the comic's faults, it does have a sense of fun, and those things can catch.

I figure that that makes a huge difference with the suspension of disbelief. An audience that's willing to go along with the wacky hijink nonsense can overlook even massive problems in favor of taking things as they are given.

There's a lesson here about Dominic Deegan. Probably about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, too.

Speaking of faults,
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgran View Post
    If it wasn't for the Wotch's extremely unsubtle and highly persistent notion that everyone wants to be female, I'd be a good deal more comfortable with the comic. Half the time, someone turned female not only suffers no penalties for doing so, but actually doesn't care enough to try to turn back.
    Egad yes. Since I'm stating principles, it's startling how a few short scenes can alter the framework of an entire story. Throw in a couple of cases of "You have three seconds to unboob me" and watch how things improve.

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Yeah, if I was a Warden, I'd want Donald Morgan at my back when going after her.
    That's far too close to someone who can brainwash you.

Remember: you fight fire with fire, and mind control with orbital artillery.
    Last edited by Kizor; 2012-03-04 at 05:45 PM.