Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
@Arachu martial artists do palm strikes. They are also very effective if done properly.
I know. A lot of people don't, though, so I like to joke like it's weaker than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
... I...

... have not a clue about what you're talking about... *insert appropriate Rage Comic Meme*
Shame on you.

There's bound to be a Pokemon wiki or two floating about, but there wouldn't be too much of a point to look them up if you weren't playing any games or anything... :shrug:

I could make a couple of comments on supernerd's list, but mostly I'm thinking that... Well, I forget its name, but the Charmander evolution that comes before Charizard would be pretty cool. Really has this sort of 'tough guy' vibe going on, and he never gets enough attention (as evidenced by my failure to remember his name ).

Also, I think he'd wear sunglasses well.

I haven't heard of it before... I found it one an online store, and it's about 900 pages, so I can see what you mean about the weight (especially if the English edition has larger fonts = more pages). It does seem to be an interesting book.

I was at a 2nd hand store here in campus, and found Churchill's Wizards. The British Genius For Deception 1914-1945 by Nicholas Rankin. Seems to be a thrilling and entertaining read. (I also bought a book on the history of Western philosophy, Story of Philosophy by Bryan Magee, and an anthology by Oskar Andersson, one of Sweden's first cartoonists.)

I must be crazy, I still want to buy some more books from the book sale, hopefully online which is the cheapest... There are two books by Swedish authors I want to get:

Spoiler
Show
One is about Reinhard Heydrich, the man who was Heinrich Himmler's right hand, boss of SD (the intelligence service of the SS) and later RSHA (which controlled SD, Gestapo, and Kripo), and who among other crimes masterminded the Night of the Long Knives and the Holocaust. The other book is about the history of strategic bombing.

I need more wholesome interests. Or get a time machine and change my career into one of becoming a historian. ._.

There is also The Men Who Stare at Goats by Jon Ronson. "First Earth Battalion" sounds like a blend of G.I. Joe and Captain Planet.
Britain can be pretty deceptive when she gets around to it, the magnificent bastards...

I've been meaning to pick up more books, but I spent all of my money on Dragon Age and chips. I've been particularly interested in WWI (something about the trenches just 'gets' me, you know?) and ancient Oriental history (which I don't know nearly enough about).

The font in Dictators is actually pretty small, but I'm not sure what the Swedish standard is so I'm not sure whether it's larger or not. I can say that it has a lot of freakin' words per page and enough pages that I can't carry it in my jacket (and I've carried Warhammer books in my jacket ). It's also exhaustively thorough, which explains the page count.

*hugs*
Nightmares and dysphoric curveball aside, it wasn't so bad of a week as it was an uneventful one (though I did finally figure out how to design a binary divider )... Thanks, though. *Hugs*

Oh, and I forgot to mention - that avatar's badass.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
I'm just popping in to *hug* everybody.

Also, closure is excellent.
*Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
I found a nice analogue / counterargument to the argument of "explaining non-straight attraction / trans* / etc. is too complicated for kids".
Gah, the Imperial system is a mess by itself. Especially the Fahrenheit system...

... Which makes it the perfect analog to my aggressively-open-minded self. I've never felt so smart for not getting something.