View Single Post

Thread: Lands of the Barbarian Kings

1. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lands of the Barbarian Kings

A new idea I am pondering:

I played Thief again, and I really love the Pagans. However, druidic cults really wouldn't be anything special or unusual in the Barbarian Lands and in fact be the most common religion everywhere. But this could be combined with the cults of the Ancients, which also happen to use blood magic. Which in turn got me thinking of the Daedra from Elder Scrolls.
    So the idea would be to make the Ancients less tentacley and more really alien-minded chaos-spirits. Or rather, in the spirit of subjective morality and uncertainty, the truth is somewhere in between this, with orthodox druids regarding them as eldritch abominations that corrupt nature and reverse the creation of the physical world, while the ancient cultists see them as older and wiser spirits. When the cultists are in contact with their gods, they see them as kind and caring spirits that protect their folowers, since their true forms are "not meant for mortal eyes".
    In history, you have it all the times that gods of the past become demons of later religions.

[New] Cults of the Ancients
    Last edited by Yora; 2012-03-05 at 08:14 PM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying