Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic Seraph View Post
I have a question (well technically several questions) for both Kairaven and the thread at large: What do you think of (potential) human enhancement/alteration? Is there anything you’d have done? Mind upload? Functional immortality? Laser cannon grafted to your chest?
All for it. Main thing? Cybernetic eye connected to a computer. Make a database of every single person I meet, and never again have that awkward moment when I know I know someone but have no idea who they are. Admittedly, I could also get that fixed with an eidietic memory implant, but whatevs. I like the cyber-eye setup more. Acrobatic capabilities on the level of your average anime ninja would be another one I'd sign up for. And if we're getting reallyfancy, a personal short-range teleportation device (I hate waiting for the lights to cross a street).

I know, I know. I think small. Functional Immortality, mind upload, internet-in-your-head, those are all things I'm in favour of too. Don't really understand the "losing humanity" thingy. Concerns re:Eugenics and uneven implementation are very legitimate concerns, though.