Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
Spoiler
Show
I'd say those are completely different. Pinkie's sisters showed up in an episode dedicated to giving us the background stories of the Mane 6. They didn't do anything story-relevant but they added flavor to the scene, which is fine. And if one of them showed up in Ponyville and got a name and a personality nobody would be crying foul. But to have a two part season finale episode centered around a character who'd never been hinted at when they really should have been at least mentioned feels like a ret-con, which is good world building's arch-nemesis.

If a young Shining Armor had appeared in the background of Twilight's flashbacks 90% of my concerns about him suddenly being the focus of the finale would be settled.

Also if the time travel episode centered around future!Twi coming back in time to wart present!Twi about a disaster at her brother's wedding I will immediately be super-psyched for this finale.
Spoiler
Show
Question in response to this. Let's assume that until they got around to making this season finale, the writers never thought about Twilight having a sibling at all. Are you of the opinion that the writers should be prohibited from having a new character be Twilight's sibling because they had not thought about it previously?