1. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXIX: There is no Pegasus Mafia!

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Well we know Rarity can cast the Locate Gemstones spell naturally, and she doesn't seem to cast anything other that Locate Gemstones and the basic cantrip-level TK. Only two other unicorns seem to know any magic aside from that: Trixie and Twilight. We know Twilight has a totally hax Talent, and thus doesn't really count for this discussion. We also have no idea how Trixie came upon her magic. So there's really very little to go on.

But my hunch is that most unicorns don't know magic. They get on with basic TK the way most Pegasi just use their wings to get from A to B. At most, they have a single spell they developed naturally. However, all unicorns can learn magic if they bother - again, like a Pegasus who trains willl be a better flyer, a unicorn that trains will be better at magic. Obviously natural talent (not Talent, like Twi has) will factor in how good they get at it.

I'm pretty sure 'wizard' is a legitimate career path for unicorns.
    we also saw Rarity do quite advanced light show/illusions for the 2nd fashion show with Hoity Toity
    also i wouldnt call Rarity's tk cantrip level..we have seen her manipulate multiple items a few times each in its seperate tk field
    ---now im trying to think if we have seen Twilight do that...we have seen her pick up large amounts in a single tk field, but has she done the multi field thing rarity does

kinda like Twi's tk is raw strength while Rare has better control/versatility

but of course we havent seen bg ponies do enough tk in different situations to judge whether one or both of them is significantly above the curve in tk(though its a safe bet that Twilight is as OP in tk as in everything else magic related)
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-03-08 at 05:50 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar