1. - Top - End - #922
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 21: Time To Go Bar-Hopping

Quote Originally Posted by rogueboy View Post
    Ah, yes, this is true. I only got my diagnosis at the end of high school. Which, had moderate use, given that I didn't need most of the accommodations I was given in college. Had the necessary accommodations in high school through other means, which didn't require a formal diagnosis, thankfully.
    90% or more of the "accommodations" I got in high school were utterly useless to me and in fact often detracted from my schoolwork. (Was given extra time for CAPT (state test), at the cost of a class period. Had had over 100 on every test in that class (World History) to that point. Next test: C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So...another update.

I got a new girlfriend(after finally getting over my last one, I found that a girl that I had a crush on for a while now has had a crush on me for a while so...one thing lead to another...<3) and we actually have a ton in common. She even likes video games! *dies, though he's already in heaven*
    So...things are also going better with my best friend and I've actually gotten out of the sad funk that I was in.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by BeethroBudkin07 View Post
    I personally have been diagnosed with some form of autism. In previous years, someone would visit our classes to inform my classmates about what autism is like so I wouldn't get made fun of for my odd behavior. But recently I felt like I was hiding behind a label that I could use to justify my flaws, so now I'm trying my darn best to put the blame on myself rather than "I BE AUTISTS SO I ARE FORGIVEN".

But I think this is a Relationship topic, isn't it? Welp, I'll pitch in with a problem of my own. Situation is pretty simple: Girl I like, but I was a bit too 'forward', which put her at unease. However, I told her I'd give her some space for a while, which I did, and a few weeks later, I am now preparing a letter to confess my love with (I was originally going to dictate my message to her but a friend convinced me to go with the letter method instead). The main reason for this being that the subject just won't leave my mind, and I want to close up the subject so I can be at peace. But I won't be able to see if it works until next week, due to Springbreak.

Now, a few questions:
    -Are there any alternatives to confessing my love to her directly that I should consider?
    -Should I apologize to her for making her feel uncomfortable, even though I told her I'd keep my distance for a while?
    -How do I stop wallowing on the damn subject?! I can't think about anything else but her and how things are going to turn out, and that's been sucking up valuable time from my days.

Any other tips are fine with me.
    I would suggest getting addicted to something and then quitting cold turkey. Takes your mind off the emotions.

Edit: Don't actually do that it's probably a bad idea.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2012-03-08 at 06:58 PM.
    Jude P.