View Single Post

Thread: General Anime Discussion: Area 11

1. - Top - End - #798
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: General Anime Discussion: Area 11

So, its just about time to look forward to next season. Our final lineup has mostly solidified and we're starting to get PVs for stuff. Without further ado:

Spoiler
    Show

For me, its arranged something like this:

GET HYPE tier:

Uchuu Kyoudai: Based on an award winning manga about bros in space. Confirmed for getting 48 episodes and is also getting a live action film. A-1 has had really solid animation for about the last year, and hopefully the cash they're swimming in from Idolm@aster will let this look good even over such a long run

Sakamichi no Apollon: Based on an award winning manga about bros playing jazz music. Directed by Shinichirō Watanabe with music by Yoko Kanno and airing in the noitaminA timeslot. All I need right there in that last sentence.

I want to believe tier:

Tsuritama: Kenji Nakamura original anime airing on noitaminA!? A year ago before [C] aired that would have been enough to qualify for the GET HYPE tier, but now I'm tempering my expectations a little. Sounds a little like Arakawa, which I enjoyed, but the premise so far isn't much to go on. Animated by A-1 so again that at least should be solid.

Hyou-ka: KyoAni animating a mystery anime? And not something thats only slice of life or sketch comedy? The last time they did that, we got Haruhi. On the other hand, what we already have on this makes it look pretty Moe infested already, and Japan just has to keep proving to me that no matter how much I wish things were different, they suck at mystery. Oh well, I'd rather be hopeful than cynical at this point, so I'll definitely be watching it.

Mite b cool tier:

Ozuma: I should really go watch Harlock and Space Battleship Yamamoto before making any comments about this. But then again, this might be what encourages to go watch those classics by being awesome. We'll have to see

Accel World: Honestly I'm not really getting anything of note from the series synopsis. What I am getting is that its an anime original production from Sunrise, so its going to probably at least deserve 3 episodes to see what the hell it is exactly. Which I'll give it.

Aw what the hell tier:

Nazo no Kanojo X: My friends absolute favorite manga is being adapted into an anime by a director that's done nothing but Doraemon and an animation studio thats only show of note is Seikon no Qwaser and Aki-Sora. Wouldn't miss this possible trainwreck for the world.

Medaka Box: Animated by Gainax and based on a work written by Nisio Isin. Why am I not more excited about this? First of all, Gainax sucks now. All of its old old staff (people who made Eva) works at Studio Khara with Anno making Rebuild, and most of its newer old staff (people who made Gurren Lagann and Panty and Stocking) left with Imaishi for Trigger after Panty and Stocking. Since then, we got Dantalian no Shoka a horribly lackluster adaption. Now they're doing another adaption. Secondly I know that Medaka Box is shonen which I don't care for, and more importantly, I've been told its bad shonen. Maybe I'll disagree when I watch it, but it seems to be the consensus of much of the internet so . . .

Everything else tier:
    Sorry but none of the rest catch my eye. You'll have to convince me to watch the stuff I'm missing.

I'll have opinions on Winter stuff when it finishes in a few weeks.
    Last edited by mallorean_thug; 2012-03-09 at 01:02 PM.