View Single Post

Thread: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

1. - Top - End - #1060
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Day 298: And Live In Regrets

And onto some colouring. It's ai'ight, but I'm in a complete nonstarter state as far as art goes tonight; this much only happened due to willpower and habit. Stressing over bills and payments and resumes and other nonsense left me feeling drained but, gods, am I glad that rubbish is dealt with for now.

I feel like the colouring/shading method I've got here is very quick and efficient and it looks okay; if I want to do a quick piece I think I'll stay with this technique (such as, for a webcomic). There's more potential in paints, and I'll get around to trying to paint up some skintones sometime, but this is a decent compromise.

EDIT: Still a few touches of shading will be needed on this one, that shoulder in particular.

Spoiler
    Show

Time: 30 minutes
    Music: Petrified
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-11 at 07:57 AM.
    If a man ascended into heaven and gazed upon the whole workings of the universe and the beauty of the stars, the marvelous sight would give him no joy if he had to keep it to himself. And yet, if only there had been someone to describe the spectacle to, it would have filled him with delight. Nature abhors solitude.
    - Cicero