1. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Metal Thread VI: We're So Kvlt, We Have Frostbite On Our Devil Horn Fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    How is that hypocritical though? I think Mayhem/Immortal are/were good and Demon Burger and Alcest aren't. :B Well, Le Secret is pretty great, but his full lengths have each been disappointing for me. Every time it's like half good songs, half bad songs. Also, I'm less frustrated with Alcest and more with this BS "blackgaze" fad. I hate fads. I take everything too seriously grrrr.
    The comment about the Alcest and the everyone jumping the bandwagon makes you sound like a bit of a hypocrite because you could say the exact same thing about all the Norwegian stuff and the Black Metal you listen to. You say you hate "fads", but all that stuff is just as much of a "fad" as this Blackgaze business.

There was a reason the the Dimmu Borgir part of my comment... I just can't... remember... what...

Sorry, I nitpick the crap out of hypocrisy, it's something left over my my teen angst years.

Also, have you listened to Alcest's new album by any chance? It's his best work yet in my opinion, even better then Le Secret. Nice blend of dreamy dream and screamy scream.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-03-11 at 12:26 PM.