View Single Post

Thread: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

1. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    Okay, if I'm reading that link right, let me test an example. I'm going to want to make a set of Fortify Conjure clothing. This will be four pieces (head/neck/chest/finger). With the perk @ 100 enchanting, I can put two different enchants on the same item -- but they have to be different enchants. The page isn't clear on whether I can stack +conjure with +conjure & regen, which would only matter on the chest anyway...

The base increase is 8%. I need to use only a grand soul if I'm serious about the enchant. Without any +Enchant potions but a full spread of the perks & 100 skill, I'm looking at a x3.13 effect - resulting in the 25% figure I keep seeing. With the best possible +Enchant potion, that multiplier is x3.65, which comes up just shy of 30%. So I can (as I've seen around) make 2 schools free to cast, and with a bit of maximizing and twisting I could get 2 schools to 14% cost and a third school to 40% cost.

With the chest piece, I'd be getting only +18% (instead of +29) with 10% mana regen, compared to +73% mana regen (20*3.65) if I used one of the two chest slots for pure regen. Hmm... this also leaves me looking for good hands & feet slots (shield is pretty well marked for +block and +resist magic, unless there's one of those "something that looks better on paper than in practice" things I need to know about).
    Actually, don't bother with Conj/Regen. Only the regen gets multiplied, so they tend to suck. Just stuff another Fortify in there.
    Also, don't forget to make a full set of Fortify Smithing/Alch, and potions to match. Results in effective 875 smithing skill. That lets you max out your armor value in Dragonhide with no armor perks (or anything better than Steel, actually, as long as you have the smithing perk). It also makes your weapons pretty ridiculous (+46 base damage, which is triple to quadruple damage, depending on the weapon)
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2012-03-15 at 12:38 AM.