Ha-cha! Lots of activity while I was away!

Summary
Borado:
  • Nuevo
    Pancho Villa Esteban Echevarria (The Blackfox?) and Santa Anna Generalissimo Doroteo: American History was never something I was interested in while I was in school, so I trust your judgement on this. If Nuevo Borado is going to be the analog that I picture, it needs something equivalent to a gold mine (Old Gods technology), officials that preach ideals and practice corruption (not all of them need to be this way), and a figure that opposes that mentality against all odds (Blackfox). Just to be clear on what you're saying:
    • Echevarria is secretly the Blackfox.
    • Doroteo is friends with Echevarria.
    • Doroteo doesn't know the true identity of the Blackfox.
    • The Blackfox is opposed to Doroteo.

Am I getting that right?
  • Viejo
    I like the idea of a priest caste, but not the idea of permanent settlements amongst these guys. Semipermanent is okay, and maybe they have one permanent city, but for the most part I want them to be nomads. That means Transmutation is going to have to be shifted, but other than that it's no biggie.

As far as inter-culture conflict is concerned, I think I'm okay with that. I'd rather the Viejo Boradoans be united at least publicly, however, because they're all equally terrified of devoted to their gods. Maybe there's some backstabbing going on behind the scenes, but for some reason that doesn't seem to fit with our image of them as noble wanderers.
  • Nuevo vs. Viejo
    I like the Romulans vs. Vulcans angle. Maybe there are individuals who are from either camp who believe in unification, but the voices of those people are drowned out by the masses (in Viejo they call for the death of Nuevo without actually attacking because they're too busy guarding their holy site, and in Nuevo they are too busy cracking the code of their own stuff to bother trying to get to the Viejo ruins) or something. I also picture small groups of people (maybe just individuals) defecting to and from the different cultures every now and then.

As far as what we've got and what we still have to do, I'd like to focus just a little bit more on these guys to make sure we have everything covered, then shift to define the Natives a little more clearly. After that, we might be ready to start putting all this stuff together in final draft format!

A long time ago in the OP, I had named the religious/scientific research faction amongst the Nuevo Boradoans as the "Temple of the Heavenly Host." I'm picturing something like the Covenant from Halo, copying and sanctifying the technology of a bygone civilization. I'll try to write something up about this today.