Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
I would imagine it's also because his scaling is all over the place.

He's got a defensive/health scaling passive, a non scaler, a health scaler, an AD/onhit scaler, two AP scalers and an attack speed scaler.

What on earth kind of items do you build there.
(I assume the idea is that you suck it up and build a Mallet + some onhits, but still he has some of the most bizarre scaling, even Yi's scaling is more streamlined)
Whenever I think of a non-synergistic character, Mundo comes immediately to mind. Let's give him a defensive steroid (scales with HP and resists) an AD steroid (scales with attack speed and crit) an AoE damage aura (scales with AP and MPen) and a percentage based skillshot (scales with MPen and CDR). The only options that really work are CDR tank and tanky DPS, and either of those really only takes advantage of a couple skills fully, just sorta using the others as filler.

On a side note, I was in a custom game with a friend who was trying Mundo for the first time (he rather liked having 170 AD at level 5 with only a Vamp Scepter) and he remarked "Man, give any other character any one of these abilities and they'd be ridiculous, but somehow when you combine them they actually get weaker."