Quote Originally Posted by Elfinor View Post
Born this way rant
Spoiler
Show
I find the 'born this way' movement a little offensive, personally. The hatred and slander I heard (but mostly read) from LGBT people against Cynthia Nixon (who said that she had experienced male and female relationships, and chose to be a lesbian) was disgusting. She even explicitly stated that some people were born this way, but she was not. The most common comment types that I saw/heard were 'that's not helpful' and 'you'll never understand my pain!'.

I think 'born this way' is an acceptance crutch that people need to get rid of. It implies that we predetermined destiny once we pop out, and simply enables bigotry against a smaller minority - people who change over the course their lives. Identifying as another gender isn't wrong, whether you were born that way, been that way since puberty, choose it or just one day find it suits you the best.

If the biphobia I've experienced is any indication, you might experience some bigotry from the people who should be the most accepting. But I hope it all goes well.
Well if it's all the same, my best friend made me promise to have sex with a woman at least once, just to make sure. But I'd probably have to be a threeway so A I can get it up, and B *sings song*

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
So um... My boyfriend was cornered today in his catholic school, and apparently some pretty nasty things were said to him, but he just sat there and took it until they started saying rude things about me. At that point he started violently cursing at them, which shut them up. He did not get in trouble, but neither did the homophobes.
God d*mn it! I hate it when that kind of stuff happens! But at least he got out unharmed, not to say anything about the words they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Frog View Post
That seriously a bummer that he was being bullied and the homophobes didn't get what they deserved, but is it weird that I find that whole situation oddly cute/romantic? He only got heated up under the collar when they were insulting you, but he was willing to sit there and take it when it was only about him. Forgive me; my mind works in strange ways.
Well I was thinking the same way... I thought it was cute how he stood up for his Mizz Mitchell. (again with semi-making fun of Shiro, well it's probably just jealousy... *Darren Criss song starts*)

In other news, Matt Bomer was my fourth celebrity crush, but when I found out he was gay, he went up a place due to my d'aw-ing, behind D Criss and NPH. I wonder if I should invoke rule 34... Or 61 (46 in the 47 rules version), you know, if you like that stuff.