Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
Just changed my name on Facebook, MSN and Skype. This is a scary thing.
Awesome. :) (Well, I was around for that. )

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
*snip*
*tons of sympathy and hugs and rays of support and everything*

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
I think the term is separationism and it has been practiced by various groups over the years. It's not an entirely stupid idea - the theory is that if you have no cishetero people there then the queer people will be able to talk without having to worry about the kyriarchy watching them. But it can also be taken too far, like when trans women are excluded from women's festivals because they're "really men".
It's a precarious balance; because I think non-queer views can certainly contribute a ton to a queer discussion; but they should always be mindful of not domination the conversation (cause that's what goes on in transphobic femimist circles for example; their pet theories of gender are more important than people's lived experiences for, and things like that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
I like how he put that.

(It's also funny how it kind of sounds like an optimistic version of something Lovecraft would've said. )

How did therapy go?
Carl Sagan is amazing; he's sorta my idol with regards to why I want to teach.

Therapy went really good; a lot of talking about various things (depressiveness, clothing, social contact, support groups, ...), even covered the what's and why's of my interest in space a ton. (I tend to get obsessed about certain things for a while and then drop them, so there's the concern (which I've had a ton) that Lena is just a thing like that; I'm incredibly flaky and indecisive; but this is the first thing that feels right deep into my core; a very deep certainness and just being able to express that was really empowering.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
Today was a good day, aside from the complete lack of work achieved. I got a lovely new skirt and top (pics will be forthcoming when I have better light, assuming I remember), and got invited on a girls' night in!
Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
Speaking of which!

The theme for this year's Rainbow Week at college was Trans* Rights and although, once again, I wasn't able to be much involved, I did, once again, ask for their posters! These were all around campus:

Know Your Trans Friends:
Spoiler
Show

How to be a Trans Ally:
Spoiler
Show

Think Outside the Box! (two posters)
Spoiler
Show

What do ye think?
Those are very much awesome. I can't really think of any issues with them and they sum up a lot of important things in a concise way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
Ah. Is it meant to sound like they're looking to blame someone for it or is that just a tangential side-effect?
It's sorta is. Consider for example intersex folk. There's is / was a far bigger drive to surgically modify / socialize people with ambiguous genitalia as girls. (That's where the whole horrible line of "It's easier to make a hole than a pole" comes from; without any regards to their gender identity. (Look up the case of David Reimer as a particular vile example) So yes, I think the whole surgically altering people so they fit into one of the two boxes (not to mention how horribly binary society still is; gender isn't binary, sex isn't even binary, fiddlesticks!) is a pretty horrible and blame-worthy thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
It hasn't been a very good week, what with pet worries, PC troubles and other problems begining with a P. So I need my weekly dose of adorableness.

Where is little Shiro and their updates when you need them?!

And on the UK assigned sex thing, from what I understand it is pretty normal for a sex to be assigned, with some cases where the parents do things like bring up the child completly gender neutral and let them decide.
Aww *hugs for nearly-name sister*

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
What? Where?

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's just Mitchell Shiro talking to himself!

Well... Um... Let's see. I wanna take him to a place called Longwood Gardens for our next date. It's a beautiful place, very romantic.

He was also telling me about his school's Ring Dance next fall, where all the Juniors get their class rings, and then have a big dance. Nothing says fun like a gay couple at a Catholic School dance.
Sounds lovely~

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
And now for something completely different.
(Hey I'm tired, and I'm tense, and twitchy for no apparent reason. So nonsequitirs happen.)
Is there any LGBTA+ music? Like, a song that's about two women instead of a man and a woman, or involving a transgendered person?
Stockings - Suzanne Vega, which I'm incidentally listening to. I've heard about a genre called queercore, but I'm not really familiar with and I also remember reading an article about a brand of music coined by trans* artists, but again, I can't seem to remember much more about it.

-----

Yay for non-chronological answers.