Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
"I don't care what happens to these people."
=Uncool-
I think my biggest problem with this comic is that none of the main characters have anything resembling a reasonable motive for doing what they're doing. Or rather, the author is going way overboard on the "dark and mysterious past" trope. (I'll grant that Sette is largely an exception, at this point. but if it took the better part of 100 pages to flesh out just one character, I don't think I'm sticking around for the long haul.)

Having a character with uncertain origins works. Having an entire webcomic with them means that scenes like the dual is severely undercut. It should be awesome, but since we haven't learned anything substantial about either of the combatants, I'm left with a severe feeling of "Ok, why exactly do they hate each other this much?"

The author is playing way too coy with the backstories of way too many characters, and it's undercutting the audiences ability to relate.

I understand what the author wants to do, and I'd probably end up doing the same thing myself, but it doesn't mean it's good writing. So far the entire comic has just been teasers, hints at past atrocities, and dark secrets.