Beredin: "Perhaps the gods aren't listening?" The man (introduced at the beginning of your voyage as Lumeer) is trembling as he takes a seat on the planking beside you. He seems quite unprepared for his end.
"If you make it through and... if I don't, could... could you deliver a message for me?"
From his tunic, he pulls out a letter. It is sealed in wax, although the insignia has been somewhat smudged.
"Please... bring this to Lord Djoser, at the Temple of the Nine in Haifolex. He... he will know what- " He is cut off as you hear a fateful crack. The mast begins to break, as the wind howls more strongly. The sailors are in a full-on panic know, desperately securing themselves to anything that will keep them afloat. Lumeer begins to pray, but his pleas are short lived. He is soon dragged, kicking and screaming, by what would have been a lifeline, wrapped around his waist, as the mast is ripped right off the ship and into the dark depths of the ocean. The Windcutter is collapsing. As you look around, you see a massive wave, taking hold of the ship's frame. The last thing you see before you pass out is the coastline, several miles away, illuminated by lightning.
Spoiler
Show

The ship is pretty much sunk already. The events above apply to all four of you. Obviously, I am not going to kill your characters off just yet, but I would like a post from the four of you as to your character's last split-second reaction to their very apparent death.